Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Maw


RiverRedirect
Originally uploaded by seeson

Upcoming DLC Map for The Maw, by Twisted Pixel Games!
The Maw was just released on the Xbox Live Arcade on the 21st and it's the cutest game I've seen this year so far. For an Arcade title it's more than worth the MSP's and as soon as I add more points I'm adding it to my list of Arcade titles.

The story revolves around a little blue alien called Frank that runs around with a purple blob like pet named Maw. You navigate Frank in 3rd person mode who then drags Maw around on a leash while gobbling up every little creature in it's path. The more Maw eats the bigger he gets.

I know that doesn't sound like much, but to tell the truth I like to play games for the story. The gameplay has a big role in my decision and sometimes so do the graphics, but the story line is what really reels me in. So far the developers of The Maw have managed to wrap me up in the storyline from the start and that's what I enjoy the most.

If you can keep my attention for more than 5 minutes with the intro and not make the controls so complicated that the trial takes forever to get started then you just might get me to add more points. :)

My Rating: 7.46 lol

No comments: