Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Eyeballs Are Burning Orbs Of Fire


Cetaphil
Originally uploaded by LookingThruTheLens

Nguyen Duong
Sent from my "1st generation but just as fast as the new 3G iPhone"

My Review of Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer on Drugstore.com:

My eyes are still on fire.

Last night I sat on my couch withe Dr. Miracle's Healing Oil in my hair. I put the lotion on my face first so as not to contaminate my hands with the Oil and accidentally get it in my eyes. It was the first time I ever used Cetaphyl with SPF.

It wasn't long before my eyes began to burn and I felt stinging all around my eyes. I thought It must have been the Oil so I immediately rinsed my eyes. It still stung, but it was better. Before I went to bed I applied some of the lotion generously, being careful not to get it in my eyes. Again, my eyes began to sting so I shut them tight and jumped into bed. I figured it has to be my hair.

Today, I opened my eyes and they stung just a little. I figured rather than suffer all day long I would wash the Oil out and be done with it. As soon as the bathroom got a little steamy my eyes burned again. I tried to keep my eyes under water as long as I could after the Oil was all rinsed out. Every time I moved away from the water my eyes began to sting again. It was starting to get annoying. I was sure I was being extremely careful.

Once I was out of the shower and my hair in a towel my eyes felt great. No stinging. Must definitely be the Oil... I began to moisturize my face again, this time only using a very light amount to prime for my makeup. My eyes stung like a very nasty chemical got in them, but I didn't get anything in my eyes. The skin all around my eyes puffed a bit and it stung all the way down to my cheekbones.

It actually burned so bad I couldn't open my eyes at all. I've poked my eyes with mascara. Like literally poked a giant glob of mascara on my EYEBALL with the wand. It hurts and it's no joy, but never have my eyes burned like this with a moisturizer. Not even the crap I'm actually allergic to. My husband had to lead me to the bathroom to wash my face.

STILL, to be quite sure, i tested it again on one cheek making sure i don't put it anywhere near my poor sore eyeballs. The eye on that cheek began to sting again and the skin began to get warm.

That is NOT cool at all. NOT COOL. What the hell did they test this stuff on? I use Cetaphyl because I'm allergic to nearly everything else on the market. It's the only cream I can use. I trusted it. It was the only product I actually trusted. I'm horribly upset because I'm sitting here wasting my time pounding away on a keyboard I can't see and squinting at a monitor that's now hurting my eyes so much I have to turn the lights down.

I don't understand how they could put a product like that on the market. I'd love to know how this was tested.

*****
I can't help thinking of the Johnny Cash song, Ring Of Fire...

I fell in to a burning ring of fire
I went down,down,down
and the flames went higher.
And it burns,burns,burns
the ring of fire
the ring of fire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?