Thursday, January 29, 2009

Maha's XLA Review: AegisWing

This game came out a long time ago on the Arcade as a freebie and I have to say it was one of the BEST freebies I have seen in EVER on the Live Arcade.

This side scrolling shooter blasts you through screen after screen of enemy fighters. It has been compared to the famous "Bullet Hell" sub-genre of manic shoot-em up video games as it almost completely bombards you and your team with endless bursts of enemy fire.

You and a multiplayer team of 3 other gamers can log on and enjoy the mayhem together. The power ups and health pickups aren't great, but very necessary. You can also choose a navigator and connect your ship to theirs for bigger better blasting power, but beware of those tight spaces! It's always the ship in the back that gets it first!

This game is just nuts so if you haven't tried it go for it. I'm actually not sure if it's still free, but I've never gotten rid of mine and every once in a while you'll still see me on it.

My Rating: 8.5

Fun fact quiz: In the summer of 2006 three Microsoft interns where chosen to create this title. Who might they be?

No comments: